Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Hunter James!

What a year this has been! It has flown by with lightning speed. I sat tonight rocking my sweet boy to sleep (and nursing for the last time, sigh) thinking of all of the amazing things that have happened this year. All day I have been playing December 11, 2007 through my head. Every time I looked at my watch I tried to remember what I was doing this time last year. I can't believe my son is a year old! It is absolutely amazing to see God's handiwork as I look back. I can see His fingerprints with every thought and memory. I see His love and goodness every time I look at Hunter. What a mighty God!Hunter James December 11, 2007



December 11, 2008 (the booger wouldn't look at the camera for anything! So busy!)

As the cherry on top of the cake, my sweet Mr. H took 2 steps by himself today! What a cool thing that we can always remember Hunter's first 2 steps happened on his first birthday. Okay, so maybe the steps were more like stumbles and completely accidental, but they were steps by himself nonetheless. I am amazed everyday by this amazing kid that we have been blessed with. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this cool kiddo.

Now for the big birthday party this weekend. Party on little dude!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!!!

Kirstyn took her first two steps on her first birhtday too and they were more like stumbles...but they counted to us too!

Oh and I agree... time does go by way to fast when we are watching our little guys grow up. *sigh*

Bonky's Mom said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Precious Hunter! Yes--this year has flown...I still remember praying for God to bless you with him...what a beautiful and perfect gift! Kiss those cheeks for me and enjoy his party!

Love you!