Sunday, September 13, 2009

Horses and Hunter

This picture pretty much sums up our Saturday. What a fun day we had, despite the rain.

Jimmy went to Wyoming/South Dakota for a Texas football game and some incredible sightseeing. Hunter and I stayed at Granna and Poppa's house Friday night. Saturday morning, we got up early and took Hunter to see one of his favorite things in the entire world. . . horses. Since going to the races last Memorial Day, H has loved the "sorce" or, more recently, the "ho-wus". The Cowboy Symposium was in town and they were doing a horse parade. We just couldn't pass up the chance to take H to see the horses. We weren't exactly sure where to go, so we drove through downtown. Just as I was about to turn onto Main Street, we looked to our left and the horses were about a block away. We parked and jumped out of the car. We had the whole parade almost to ourselves. The cowboys and cowgirls all waved at Hunter and said, "good morning!" He smiled and waved the whole time. I love that he held onto his little horse the whole time. What a blessing to share this time with my kid seeing the excitement and joy on his tiny face!

After the parade, we drove to the Civic Center and ran into the parade again. We watched it for a second time. He loved it just as much then! My silly goose found a coil of bright orange tube that was running near the street we were sitting on. He climbed on it and started riding it like a horse. So smart! That picture will have to come later. I didn't get it on my camera. I think Granna got it though. There is nothing like seeing my kiddo smile and laugh and enjoy the world!

Sitting on the curb watching the horses.

H holding his ho-wus and watching all of the big horses. He looks too big here!

I love the look on his face!

Momma, Hunter, and Granna at the horse parade. (Look carefully at Hunter's face. What a clown!)

After the horse parade, we headed out to Idalou for the Apple Butter Festival. It rained on the drive out, but we hoped the rain was heading away from us. As we paid and walked it, in started pouring!! Not just a little sprinkle, but the sky opened up. We made our way over the petting zoo, umbrellas in hand. There were rabbits and sheep. Hunter had no fear as he stuck his little hand in the pen. We ate a yummy lunch of BBQ sandwiches, potato salad, and beans. We had some apple turnovers, which would have been better warm, but were still "num" as Hunter says. As the rain stopped, we walked around a little more. There wasn't just a ton to see, but we got to experience it, mud and all. Again, Granna got some good pictures that I didn't get. I've already drowned one camera this year. I kept mine in a nice dry place this time it rained!

We headed home after a full morning of fun and took a nice long nap. Granna, Poppa, and I headed to the Tech game while our sweet Aunt Jody watched Hunter. She thinks he is pretty smart. She said he talked all night, which is no surprises to any of us! (I think he gets it from his daddy!) They had a fun time!

Jimmy is home now and we have had a restful Sunday. All three of us took 2 naps today. That doesn't happen very often! We are glad to be back together again for many many more adventures.

1 comment:

ashley said...

what a sweetie- love the pics! you look hot too, you hot mama!