Tuesday, September 29, 2009

South Plains Fair 2009




We have made our annual trip to the fair. This was Hunter's second year to go. I left the good camera at home in my rush out the door. We were so excited to get there! Seriously, you can't beat free tickets. I took a few pictures with my phone so the pictures aren't great quality.

My first stop as we walk in the gate is always the fried pie booth. I get two apricot fried pies. It is best to eat one immediately and save one for breakfast the next day. It was delicious this morning, by the way. Our next stop was corn dogs. Hunter and Momma shared a corn dog. We consider South Plains Fair corn dogs our warm-up for Fletchers corn dogs at the State Fair, which we will be going to on Saturday! Lemonades (regular for me, strawberry for Jimmy), roasted corn for Jimmy (and a cup of roasted corn for Hunter, see, I'm a good momma and make sure he has veggies, even at the fair.), finally, carmel apples for dessert. We were stuffed to the core.

Our two goals, besides eating, were seeing the tractors and horses. We visited the tractors three times and let Hunter "drive" them. Hunter has become fascinated with keys, but only keys with remotes on them. No baby keys for my boy. He held Jimmy's keys and tried to start the tractors. He turned all of the knobs and levers and steering wheels. He "drove" probably a dozen tractors.

As you know, horses are one of Hunter's favorite things in the world, except last night. He was not a happy camper in the petting zoo, which we figured he would love. His little lip started trembling and he was holding tight to mom and dad. He wasn't even happy looking at the chickens. We couldn't even walk into the cow's and horses' barn. Oh well. Hopefully this fear will pass before Saturday. I will not forget my camera then and will share that experience with you in my next post.

Thank you God for time with my boys and for yummy yummy food.

1 comment:

ashley said...

I can't believe he didn't want to pet the 'orses'
hope he is feeling better!