Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11 Months . . . This may get sappy!

Sweet Mr. H (almost 11 months)

My sweet Hunter turned 11 months yesterday. Where has the time gone?! This time last year I was on "home rest", 33 1/2 weeks pregnant. I absolutely loved being pregnant, even with all of the problems we faced and the fears we had. Who knew that I would love being a mommy so much more than I loved being pregnant? I stand in awe of God's handiwork every day when I watch my sweet boy growing, learning, and constantly changing. I love to lay in bed and listen to my little man breathing his deep sleep breaths. I love the sweet hug I get every morning when I get him up to eat and when he lays his sleepy head on my shoulder. I love slobber kisses, over and over again. I love how he lights up when I come in at lunch and after school. I love praying over him every night before I put him to bed. I love every smile and every belly laugh. I love that he has learned to pull up our shirts and plant a big belly raspberry! I love every tickle spot. I love his "I'm being a toot and I know it" face. I love watching him try new foods (most recently whole milk!). I love falling asleep on the couch on Saturday mornings with Hunter on my chest for a short nap. I love watching him throw a ball and make a basket. I love watching Jimmy and Hunter playing together and doing manly things. I love catching an unexpected glimpse of Hunter and realizing how absolutely beautiful he is. I love when he shares his pacifier with me. I love showing Hunter off to my friends and co-workers and students. I love when strangers stop to talk to him and tell me what a sweet baby I have (I whole-heartedly agree!) The list could go on and on! I find new and exciting things every day to fall in love with. God went above and beyond when He blessed Jimmy and me with our Hunter James. I stand in awe of God's huge love for us and for our sweet boy. Thank you Father for our sweet baby boy and for the first 11 months of his life. I can't imagine how great the future will be!
One year ago, seems like yesterday. 34 weeks pregnant.

1 comment:

Becky said...

OMG! I can't believe Hunter is 11 months old!!! WHERE has the time GONE??? He is just so precious and this blog is so sweet! What a wonderful and loving mommy you are - Hunter has NO idea just how incredibly blessed and lucky he is to have you! You are beautiful friend - inside & out. I just adore you! Oh, Have you already started planning the big b-day bash???