Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Fun Weekend in Arlington

We just got home from a visit to Arlington. We had lots of fun. Of course, everything is more fun with Mr. H around! Friday night, we drove in and had dinner with ALL of the Holloways. It has been awhile since all of Hunter's uncles have been together. Someone always has to work or has a softball game. Hunter and Joshua swam and had a great time in their matching swim trunks (sorry, the camera didn't make it out of the bag for this photo op).

Saturday, Jimmy played in the annual BEGE poker tournament with his college fraternity brothers. He came in 2nd for Player of the Year! Way to go! Aunt Maci and Joshua, Peyton, and Landen, came over for awhile and the boys had a fun playing together and practicing sharing. They really like to yell together. It was quite funny! My favorite part of the day was naptime. Always a favorite, but Hunter actually laid on the couch with me while "Cars" was on and fell asleep. Such a sweet cuddle time! We went to IHOP with Mimi and Papa for dinner and then came home and played a little more. Since dad got home late, Hunt was already in bed, but I did catch a picture of him waiting for daddy to come home. (He is standing in the window. He is a little climbing monkey!)Sunday, Jimmy drove home with Dixie and Wyatt while H and I stayed to play a little longer. We went swimming at Mimi's friend Teresa's house. He is just a little fish. I love that he has no fear of water. Sunday night I met my college roommate Sara for dinner. H was a little worn out at this point, but we had a great time catching up anyway.

Monday, H and I drove over to Frisco to see Becky and Jorja, Alysia and Holly. (I only got lost once on the way there, but Daniel set me straight, and thank goodness for my Iphone!) We went to the mall for Chic-fil-A and rode the carousel. I tell you what, H can't get enough of the "sorses". He loves them!! We rode three times and he was still upset when we had to get off because we were out of tokens. Hunter waved at Alysia, Becky, and Jorja everytime we passed them. After naptime, we went for a walk, then Holly came over. What fun to be with my girlfriends! It has been way too long. I love these girls! We spent more time talking than taking pictures, sadly.

(Is this blackmail worthy or what?!)

Tuesday, Hunter and I got up extra early to fly home. I was a little nervous to fly with such a busy boy, but he did great! Mimi helped get our luggage checked. She sure was sad to see H go home. We had the last row on the plane to ourselves, which was such a blessing! The man across the aisle had three kids, so he said listening to Hunter was music to his ears. Hunter spent most of the flight in his own seat wearing his big boy seatbelt. He got a little restless because he was so sleepy. It's hardwork keeping a 19 month old kiddo quiet on an airplane! Daddy was at the baggage claim to pick us up! What a fun thing to see my boys welcoming each other! It made my heart swell! We stopped for lunch and Granna just happened to be at the same restaurant! She had been missing her girl and baby boy! Then we came home and took a nice long nap.

Hunter in his own seat on the airplane

Thank you God for such a great weekend with friends and family and for safe travel home!

No comments: